Monday, May 6, 2013

In the beginning...

I feel like I should apologize in advance, since this could get rather lengthy, but you have to understand how it all started, right? What's a good story without its "Once upon a time...". So, here's ours.

The hubs and I met in college orientation (insert the awwwww here) in August, 2002. We did the friend thing for a few years, and then when he started bothering me hanging around more, the attraction grew and we started "officially" dating in August 2004. The 12th to be exact. These dates are important, ya know, more for us ladies than the gents, but that's fine. Once we got sick of the dating thing, we decided to jump head first into buying a house together in 2006, and then getting married in 2009.
I believe his exact words when we got engaged were "well, we haven't killed each other yet, so I guess we should take the next step." He's very romantical...and I love it. This next part may come as a shock, but after we did the marriage thing for about a year, we decided to do the parent thing, and along came the bub July 21, 2011, a whopping 6 weeks early.
The Bub
That's a whole story for another post.

I'm guessing you're wondering where all the fur comes from. Well, when we first moved in together, before we even got furniture, we decided we wanted animals. I already had a cat from a prior man friend mistake, so she came along when we bought our house, after pending a wonderful vacation at grandma's house.
Mickey
Everyone who knows me knows that this one animal would never be enough, especially since I find I'm much more of a dog person than a cat person. I won't get lengthy with how we ended up with our zoo, and maybe I'll add in each story in future posts, but we topped out with 4 dogs, 2 cats and 2 fish tanks. I'm sure the bub will want hamsters, rats and monkeys at some point, so I can only foresee this zoo growing.
Bella and Mickey, assuming the position

Kody, Kirra, Sadie, Kaz...No I do not put them all in there. They climbed in together one day and I seized the photo op


It's a lot of work and we love it. Some days I feel like we should charge an admission fee.

Next up on the blog: bringing home our first set of twins. (4-legged, not 2...that may have made me cry)

No comments:

Post a Comment