Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"Me" Time

Mother's day is fast approaching, and I love that I get a whole other day out of the year to celebrate just me. I wish the hubs would get on board with all of this "me" time.

Yesterday was my birthday, so I actually get two special days this month. No one at work knows when my birthday is, so it was an average day in the office, with text messages and the usual Facebook wishes. I love how social media can make people feel so loved. Now I don't even have to blab to my friends for a month in advance that my birthday is fast approaching. bonus!

The hubs has been looking into family photography for me, since I keep looking at it and really want to capture some moments of our family before we decide to have another baby. We didn't get to do the newborn photo shoot, since little man was in the NICU for so long and we really had other priorities at the time. I've always been bummed about it. This should be a lot of fun if we can find a decent photographer at a good price.

The hubs also got me an awesome hammock for outside. We have two huge trees in our backyard that are really far apart, so he was all smarty pants and got the tree straps separate so I wouldn't have to worry about finding a way to hang this thing. It's supposed to rain here for the next 2 weeks or some insane amount of days, but I assure you I have no problem laying in a hammock in the rain in the spring time. I did remind the hubs that the last time I was in a hammock, I ended up in the emergency room. Not my finest moment. In my defense, had the tree root not been there to break my fall, I would've been fine. Stupid tree.

Hope all you moms out there have a wonderful mother's day and get in some "me" time.

What's on your wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment